- Hand and extremity surgery
- Limb salvage
- General reconstructive surgery
Common conditions treated
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Hand and wrist ligament injuries
- Upper-extremity nerve injuries
- Upper-extremity tendon injuries
- Hand and wrist arthritis
- Hand and wrist contractures (Including Dupuytren’s)
- Wounds (any body location) requiring reconstruction
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Plastic Surgery
University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, N.Y., 2008
2008-2013 General Surgery Residency, Mary Imogene Bassett Medical Center, Cooperstown, N.Y.
2013-2016 Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colo.
2016-2017 Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Ill.
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
Awards and Honors
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- E. Donnall Thomas Scholar
- Graduated With Research Honors, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Outcomes Research
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in medicine
Currie KB, Neumeister E, Neumeister M. (2020). Chapter 31: The Bulky Flap. In Michael S (eds.), Problems in Hand Surgery Solutions to Recover Function (pp. 136–138). Thieme Medical Publishers. (Book chapter)
Currie KB, Sauerbier M, Russell R, Neumeister M. (2020). Chapter 33: Dorsal Hand Defect. In Sauerbier M (eds.), Problems in Hand Surgery Solutions to Recover Function (pp. 145-147). Thieme Medical Publishers. (Book chapter)
Currie KB, Ross P, Collister P, Gurunluoglu R. Analysis of Scalp and Forehead Injuries in a Level I Trauma Center. J Craniofac Surg. 2017;28(5):1350-1353.
Currie KB, Gurunluoglu R. Discussion: Vasospasm of the flap pedicle – The effects of 11 most often used vasodilating drugs – Comparative study in a rat model. Plastic and
Reconstructive Surgery. 2014;134(4):585e-587e.
Currie KB, Lancey R. A predictive model for readmission within 30 days
after coronary artery bypass grafting. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;213(3):S107.
Berenson C, Sales KB, Huang J, Reinhold VN, Garlipp MA, Yohe HC. Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzaebinding gangliosides of human respiratory (HEp-2) cells have a requisite lacto/neolacto core structure. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology. 2005;43(2):171–182.