Kamlesh B. Patel, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery
To request an appointment with Dr. Patel, please call (314) 362-7388 or request an appointment online.
Adults and Children
Adults and Children
Common conditions treated
- Cleft lip and palate
- Craniofacial microsomia
- Facial fractures
- Malocclusion and jaw malformations
- Prominent ears nevi
American Board of Plastic Surgery
University of Arizona-College of Medicine, Tucson, Ariz., 2005
Master of Science in Clinical Investigation, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Mo.
2005-2008 General Surgery Residency, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, Calif.
2008-2010 Plastic Surgery Residency, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, Calif.
2011 Pediatric Craniofacial Fellowship, Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
- American Association of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Council of Academic of Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- AO Craniomaxillofacial
- American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons
Awards and Honors
- 2019 Academic Medical Leadership Program for Physicians and Scientist, Washington University School of Medicine/Olin Business School/BJC HealthCare
- 2017 Commencement Speaker, School of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- 2016 Mentored Training Program in Clinical Investigation Outstanding Citizenship Award, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- 2012, 2014 Paul M. Weeks, MD Resident Teaching Award
- April 2012 Alumni Achievement Award, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- 2010 Francis W. Noel award for Scholarly Activity
- 2009 Sara C. Armstrong Award for Compassionate Care
- Craniofacial outcomes of patients with craniosynostosis cleft lip and palate, and facial fractures
- Novel MR imaging
- Neurodevelopment in Craniosynostosis
- 3D Pediatric Cranial Bone Imaging Using High-Resolution MRI
- Safe MR imaging of bone for pediatric patients with fractures and craniosynostosis
- Automated text messaging for precision pain management following facial fracture repair
Consultant for Stryker CMF: product design and education