Craniofacial surgery involves the correction of deformities of the face, jaw and skull. These deformities may have been present at birth (such as cleft lip) or have developed after a severe accident/assault, illness or surgery.
Kamlesh Patel, MD, and Alison Snyder-Warwick, MD, provide care for both adults and children at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital (SLCH). All the surgeons perform pediatric craniofacial surgery through the .
Services provided in craniofacial surgery include:
- Repair of fractures or injury to the face, jaw and orbit (old and new)
- Reconstruction for facial deformities following head and neck cancer surgery
- Correction of depressed skull deformities and abnormal head shape
- Correction of ear malformations (congenital and post-traumatic)
- Reconstruction of the lip and nose from cleft lip/palate deformities (adults/children)
- Nasal reconstruction
- Assessment of blemishes, moles, tumors, scars, keloids of the head and neck
- Treatment or reconstruction of deformities from skin cancer
- Evaluation and treatment of vascular or other complex malformations of the head, face and neck
- Management of wounds of the head and neck
For an appointment, please call (314) 362-7388.